Thursday, July 25, 2013

Medium Ketupat Salam Aidilfitri

Medium Ketupat Hari Raya Aidilfitri
I am out of idea and time for the third set of the mini Hari Raya Aidilfitri card! Thus, I make use of the ketupat again using Chari Mosspatchwork paper technique!

Freshly Made Sketches #96 - A Sketch by Amy

I adopt the simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #96 - A Sketch by Amy as shown above. I turned the sketch 90 degree to accommodate my ketupat.

Since the sketch is so simple, I just attach two (2) strips of washi tape directly on to a yellow card based as in sketch. The sentiment, Salam Aidilfitri (meaning Eid Greetings) is customized using alphabets. It is then stamped onto the card at the bottom.

Close-up : Raised at the center of the ketupat
I make a slightly bigger ketupat this time using combination of pink and red so that it will be the focal of my card. A red ribbon with gold lining is attached to the ketupat to make its tails. I added a pop dot to the center of the ketupat before I attach it onto the card as in sketch so that it has a little dimension.

Eventually, I forgotten about my sentiment at the bottom in which the ketupat's tail has covered partial of it. Well, just treat it as hidden or secretive sentiment which will give the recipient some surprise! 

Dimension : 7.62cm x 7.62cm or 3" x 3"
Type : Vertical fold
Inlay : None

If you would like to have a similar design of these items or individual item, please fill up the custom order form here. Please do include the color or theme you prefer, purpose of the item(s) (farewell, retirement, birthday and etc) and message (if any).

This card is entering the challenge(s) organized by :

Stamps and tools used :

4 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

Such a beautiful card and perfect for our anything goes challenge here at Bearly Mine.

Thanks for sharing with us this week.

Sharon x

Patty Sue 2 said...

A unique technique! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE! Good luck! I hope we see more of your lovely work in our next challenge!

Linda Suarez said...

What a cool technique! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Wow. Never seen anything like this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.